[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

///Z3 and a truck

Question:
What happens when an overaggressive ///Z3 driver decides, while
merging onto Rt. 611 north from the ramp off exit 27 of the
Pennsylvania Turnpike, that he can cut across the right lane directly
across the path of an eighteen wheeler coming up route 611 in the
same said aforementioned right lane????

To the eighteen wheeler???? Nothing much except for a few repetitions
of that standard comment on the CB that god made four wheelers for the
entertainment of the rest of us.

As for the ///Z3, well, let's just say that the driver escaped
unharmed, just mildly shaken, not stirred, and I may have come across
a new source of parts for my ti Club Sport.
===================================
Thanks for all the calls and e-mails over the past few months.
BMW is now acknowledging that the tap in my engine's valvetrain is not
a result of using half ///Mobil 1 and half Castrol GTX oil to break
the engine in from three to nine thousand miles, and is finally replacing the lifters
on my engine, only five service visits later.
THANK-YOU LOU DROZDOSKI.
NO THANKS, TOM, THE PROVEN LIAR COTTINGHAM. If anyone on the east
coast has major service problems and BMW puts Tom Cottingham on it,
DEMAND that they remove him at once.

Anyway, it was quite flattering to find my 318i tuning article on the
"Unofficial BMW Home Page. Thanks, Dale."
If you want to win autocrosses in a BMW 318ti, either:
find some way other than appealing to plain old simple common sense
rational reality, because the SCCA stock classification committee,
when it comes to the 318ti, very definitely and deliberately chooses
to have none,  or cheat like hell. Because assinine political;
bullsh$% classifications like putting the ti into D stock have no
basis in reality.
Now that I have fifteen thousand miles, have run a few autocrosses,
got the fresh Hoosier Autocross radials, have worked out the
alignment, and have developed the car close to what the extent of the
rules allow, I've only got one thing to say: It ain't no D-stocker.
Not even close. It falls somewhere on the high side of H-stock,
especially with some of the other cars which can now run in H.
     My time splits versus known cars and drivers in BMWCCA
autocrosses that I have been driving against for years are way off,
on a comparitive class to class basis. My splits against one long
running 2002 and its driver are no better than when I ran an 84 318i
in stock.
    But if you do cheat like hell just to be able to be competitive
with other cars driven by drivers of similar driving ability in D
stock, please promise the entire BMW world that you will then come
clean and admit the illegal mods it took just to get the car to run
how the see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, speak-no-evil SCCA solo events
board says the ti should be able to run legally.

Just Barry
318ti Club Sport, SCCA stock legal
remember, if you don't drive a Lexus, then you are dyslexic.