[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

oxygen sensor diagnosis

Larry Schwarcz wrote:

>I'm trying to check my oxygen sensor on my '90 325iC (E-30)
>and it failed the first test in the Bentley manual!
>
>After I got home, so car is fully warmed up (well, about 15
>minutes after I got home), I disconnected the O2 sensor and
>checked the voltage.  Should I get some voltage?  If so, how
>can it give me some voltage when it's disconnected?

Accurate testing of the 02 sensor can be a bit tricky and according to BOSCH
requires the use of a Digital Milivolt Meter & Propane Enrichment Device.
Anyone wanting the diagnosis & procedure right from the Bosch Manual...
E-Mail your fax # & we'll happily send you the 2 page diagnosis &
Troubleshooting section.

If you want more we also sell BOSCH's 10 minute video for $15.00 When you
determine you need one (Bosch says 60,000+ miles YES its time.........They
also claim in the video 70% of cars FAILING California Emmissions Test FAIL
due to sensor. + Poor sensor response can waste $100 @ year in Fuel! We can
save you $$$$ With our BOSCH EZ-FIT Tip Kits 1 Wire Sensors $29.95 3 Wire
$59.95 & the 4 Wire just $69.95. WE are now open 7 days @ week 8am - 6pm MST
Rodd Sidney & Crew Here to help w/ your BMW parts needs.

Rodd Sidney                BMW Dealer Marketing Web Page
bmwrodd@domain.elided        http://www.dzn.com/global/bmw.htm