[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Exporting a car to Norway

A fellow from Norway is interested in buying my '92 325i and
exporting it to Norway.  It would appear from his webpage
(http://www.askernett.no/bilmegur) that he has done this before,
but my Norwegian (Swedish?) is rather poor (OK, non-existent),
so I have some questions:

1.  Is all of this legal?  I would think that Norway's equivalent
    of the EPA would have rules and requirements for doing this.

2.  How would the sale work?  Obviously, I would need payment
    before putting the car on a boat.  What about the title?  I'd
    also like to be able to somehow guarrantee to him that I'm
    not going to keep his money and the car.

3.  How do I ship the car?  Are there places in Chicago, perhaps,
    that I can ship out of?  How long would it take?

Any other issues I'm missing?

I know this isn't the best way to sell a car, but we've had so few
inquiries that we're entertaining just about anything.

Thanks for any advice,

Dave Hall
- --
David E. Hall                               dehall@domain.elided
Purdue University                           (317) 494-8602 (phone)
School of Mechanical Engineering            (317) 494-0539 (fax)
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1288