[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 Bike Racks

On my E30 325e, I used a Yakima rooftop rack with bike and ski carriers.  I
could haul two bikes and four pairs of skis at once, which I thought was
impressive.  If you have a sunroof, I recommend getting the optional wind
deflector, or the wind noise without the deflector and with the sunroof
open will deafen you.  If you don't plan on using the sunroof, screw the
wind deflector because it's only a piece of plastic and they charge you an
arm and a leg.

Since I sold my 325 two years ago (and got an E30 M3, woohoo!) I haven't
ever nor do I plan on using the rack on the M3.  (I can't bring myself to
clamp some big thing on top of my dream ride)  I've been hanging on to the
rack because it fits other cars, but I haven't missed it in all this time.
If you price-out new racks and they're too costly, e-mail me and make me an
offer on mine--I might just sell it. (it's got all the locks, locking
cables, keys, wind deflector, etc.)