[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re <E36>M42 should there be an Engine Recall

rbrowne says

> I say if you are travelling 65 mph on the beltway
>and gallons of slick coolant comes flying out under your car onto the
>roadway, thats a safety issue.  Anything we owners can do to bring this to
>NHTSA's attention?

In the july issue of Roundel under 'Die Werkstadt' it states that the
august issue will have a special article covering the m42 o-ring leak.
This brings widespread attention to this problem. A coolant leak causing
the power steering belt to slip could be a safety issue.

- -Frank Schulz  '92 318is 'bimmer me up scotty'

Compared to Roundel, the glossy BMW Magazine always left me with a
feeling of nausea.. like when i eat way tooo much ice cream.