[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MBQuartz speakers installed in E34

Hi all,

There were several posts a while back regarding drop-in speaker replacements
for the E34. Well I finally had my system installed and WOW it is fantastic.
MBQuartz QM215.03CX's installed in the front kick panel and 1" tweeter.
MBQuartz QM130.03CX' in the rear.
2 JL 8W6 8" Subs in a custom box.
SoundStream Reference 705S AMP
Kenwood KDCPS905 Head.
AudioControl EQX 6+7 Octive EQ w/crossover.

They set up the system for competition i.e. flat response with the front/rear
balance more heavily towards the front for proper stereo imaging. I am still
playing with balance sound levels to see what I like better but in general
I am very pleased with the system. The Quartz speakers are extremely good.
The only comparison I can make is with a similar system I had in another car
using Boston Acoustic speakers. The Boston Acoustics were fantastic. I am not
sure I like the Quartz quite as much but the differences are so subtle I am
not sure it isn't a matter of equalization rather that the speakers themselves.
Plus I am comparing 2 different cars so the acoustics are drastically different.
In any event, IMHO for drop in replacements the MBQuartz are excellent.

Kim Watters
E34/'95/530i/5-speed