[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: ABS

Rob <opus64@domain.elided> writes:

>I believe most BMWs only have three-channel ABS, not four-channel.
>Only four-channel systems independently brake all wheels.  A
>three-channel system like the one on my 328is handles the front wheels
>independently and the back wheels as a pair.

Would I be right in thinking that the 328i with ASC+T has four channel
ABS?  The ASC-T activates the rear brakes independantly to prevent wheelspin.

Stuart Metcalfe                               email s.j.metcalfe@domain.elided
Central Laboratory of the Research Councils   phone +44 (0)1925 603521
Daresbury Laboratory                          fax   +44 (0)1925 603416
Warrington
Cheshire, England, WA4 4AD.                   '95 318iS coupe
				   	      328i coupe due in October