[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: arrogant young drivers

> From: Choi Matthew C M <3mcmc@domain.elided>
> Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 08:49:32 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: arrogant young drivers
>
> I feel sorry for the children of those who believe in general that young
> drivers i.e. 20 years old cannot appreciate and are not responsible for
> cars like BMWs....
>
> Why?
>
> Because they will never get one for their 20th birthday.

As the parent of a five year old, this individual makes a good point.
 Perhaps a sixteen-to-twenty year old isn't old enough to appreciate
a BMW.  But neither are they old enough to appreciate much of
anything -- fine wine, the love of a good member-of-the-opposite-sex,
 the beauty of a perfect hanging curve ball pounded 450 ft. to dead
center field.

That considered, given the BMW reputation for reliability and safety,
I would rather place my child as the driver of a BMW as any other
make.  I'd rather have her in a well-engineered performance car than
one in which you risk the wheels falling off at the slightest
cross-wind.

Perhaps it is not the perception of the child that matters -- but
rather the perception of the parent who purchases the vehicle for
them!

Marty Watt
Tennessee