[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ABS

>>  Then maybe you should stay home when it rains.  ABS is nothing
>>but a half assed attempt to elevate the majority of drivers from
>>pathetic to merely miserable.  If it is slippery and you think that
>>you may have trouble controlling the car, then SLOW DOWN !
>    	      [snip]
>>they think they can go even faster because ABS can somehow (in their
>>minds) change the laws of physics to stop a car nearly instantly.
>    	      [snip]
>>With air bags, they think "Oh well, the car is insured and I'll live.
>>So why not go for 125 mph between stoplights."
[snip again]

>That said, I really cannot see how one could infer from my post that I am a
>pathetic (albeit elevated to miserable - how kind ;-) driver who goes 125 mph
>between lights, hoping to change the laws of physics.

>I felt needlessly insulted by your post...

	Alberto,

	If you read the second line very carefully, you will find the word
"majority".  If you don't fall into this category, then you are probably
a fine driver.  Possibly a great driver.  Better than Michael Schumaker.
Do _you_ feel better now ??   :)

	No offense was meant, but the constant "It's OK because technology
will save my ass" attitude really annoys me.  If you think it is a great
idea and like it, by all means use it.  And it hope it always works for
you.

Peace,
Jeff