[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GM autos

About 18 months ago I hired a Mercedes C class and
was absolutely hacked off with an auto that did
nothing right, always changing gear when I didn't
want it and not dropping a gear smoothly and and and!
I could drone on for pages but won't. As Merc have been
keen on autos for years I assumed this was as good as
it got. It convinced me that I was right in prefering
manual gearchanges.
Then I drove my Dad's Vauxhall Astra. It's a small
GM vehicle considered severals rungs down from a
Mercedes. I was impressed with the auto though,
much more controllable, smoother and good enough
for me to change my mind and test drive a BMW auto
for the first time. A couple of months later I bought
a 325 5 speed auto. I remain impressed with the GM
auto though especially on a car a lot cheaper than a
BMW.