[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Ice warning

>BTW, has anyone seen the "black ice sensors" that SAAB used to have?  It was
>a photo-electric thing that lit a light on the dash if you encountered icing
>conditions--probably a day late, but a cool idea.  Has BMW ever tried this?
>I suppose a dozen cars into the guard rail provides a pretty good black ice
>indicator. :-)

Erich,

    my 328is does it via the OBC.  When it detects an exterior temp of 2 or 3
degrees celsius under the fender (I do not remember which is the treshold) it
will gong, and display the outside temp to alert you that it's probably icy on
the road.

Alberto.Schileo@domain.elided
Paris, France
'96 328is