[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: arrogant drivers (lets put and end to this)

God (I thought George Burns died???) wrote:

>Sometimes the people on this list surprise me.  On the one hand everybody
>talks about the camraderie that owning a BMW brings.  However, as soon as
>somebody mentions that they are young or, GASP, their parent bought it for
>them the whole house just burns down.

>This is silly, if you really believe that all 20 year olds are going to
>wreck their cars, then just sit on it, you dont need to spread it around.
>Lets keep talking about performance chips, exhaust systems, and anal
>retentive waxing products.  At least these discussions foster unity and
>have some point discussing.  If you think that talking shit is going to
>make any 20 year old give up their prized bimmer, let me try to take yours
>away.

>This is from a 20 year old whose first car was a diesel mercedes and whose
>second car is a BMW.  And I love it, and I tell everybody my daddy bought
>it for me.  After all, what is money if you cannot spend it on people you
>love?  Nobody questions buying their young wife a new car right?

>Anyway, god will return to lurking for now, and I hope this thread will do
>something similar.

He's right.  My "daddy" bought me my first car too.  It was a sweet '70
Olds 442 that would probably blow the doors off most Beemers in a qtr mile
race (no, I'm not trying to start another stupid rebuttal thread.)  If
someone wants to act like an dolt (pretty strong language, huh?) in the
list, let them.  They aren't  huting anyone and besides, why take them
seriously anyway.  Its like the little kid who screams until he/she turns
blue just to get attention.  Ignore them long enough and they will stop.

BTW, I'm 37, don't drive like a nut and would buy my son an M3 or Porsche
when he can drive if I was comfortable with his maturity, but thats a
judgement that is entirely up to me (and his mom).

FWIW (God, I hope this doesn't keep this thing going)

Jerry Chyo

'72 tii (almost done)
'94 Explorer (for sale)
E28 M5 (looking for one.  Do you have one?)