[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I BOUGHT IT!!!

Well boys and girls, a happy ending to a somewhat turbulent story.  I
flew out on friday night to Dearborn, MI.  The gentleman that was selling
the car (1992 318is) put me up in a hotel room with 4 telephones, jacuzi,
kitchen, then brought me out to breakfast the next morning.  The car is
brilliant red with black interior.  56,000miles and I paid $14,000 (seem
reasonable? I think so).  It does have some minor 'detailing' issues that
I'll attack ASAP (the windows have BLACK tinting, tonight it comes off).

A couple questions for 318is E36 owners:

1)  I got 2 sets of wheels; 4 16" chrome 5 star w/new tires and 4 15"
    alloy originals no tires.  I'm
thinking of having them de-chromed and painted (company ad in roundel).
These are alluminum, any issue I should be worried about before I do
this?  I'm thinking I'll sell the 15" wheels to subsidize the de-chroming.

2)  I'd like to buy driving lights (OEM).  Is this car pre-wired?  There is
    no switch but there is a knock-out on the dash.  Any issues, best buys?

3)  If I can't buy a Bently manual, what's the next best (Haynes?)

4)  I'd like to have the rotors turned, Is there a FAQ somewhere that
    discusses R/R of this?

And I didn't buy this from CyberPop and friend!

Any one have a nice rear wing for sale?

David
1992 318is RED
1988 325is Silver