[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Gear box to hard

This is my first mail to this list since my subscription last friday (Aug 2, 1996).
My name is Philippe Bousquet, french family established in Buenos Aires-Argentina, so you will
notice my poor english.
I own an 86' 325i 2dr (manual transmission - like almost every car in this country). I bought my
car in 1994 (very expensive here), and since first winter, I'm having the same problem with the
gear box/clutch of my car.
When I start the engine in the morning, it is very hard to put reverse or any other gear. The
gear box doesn't make any strange noise, but is very hard.
I took my 325 to a local BMW car garage, and they just replace the oil with a lighter one, but
the problem is still there.
In summer this don't happen.
Any suggestions ?
Anything I need to change ?