[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:<633> 1979 worries

     Nick wrote and the response is in CAPS:

     From: Nicholas Pinto <npinot@domain.elided>
     Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 22:19:58 -0400
     Subject: 1979 633 csi worries

     Hey people:

     I joined the postings last week and have gotten some really good info
     and I thank everyone that has helped.  But as usual, i need some more
     questions answered.

     1)   I cannot find a manual for my 79 633 anywhere.  No haynes, no =
     Bentley, no factory.  Does anyone have any ideas?

     GET THE BENTLEY 533/535  IT MAY OF HELP.
     TRY TO GET A MONUAL FROM RODD SIDLEY.

     Since I can't get a manual I have some questions that maybe someone cann
     help with:

     2)  Will my 79 633 take the K&N cone filter kit that goes on the 635?

     ASK K&N

     3)  I have no brake lights. The fuse, bulbs and pedal switch all check
     out. Any ideas???

     CHECK THE GROUNDS IN YOUR TRUNK.  ALSO CHECK WITH A VOLTMETER IS YOU
     GET 12 V. WHEN THE BRAKES ARE DEPRESSED.  HOW ABOUT BACK-UP LIGHTS?

     4)  I have a Chiltons foreign car for 1980 thru 87 ( general, all =
     vehicles)  Would this info be helpfull on my 79, ie: my idle speed is
     high ( 1500 rpm's).

     NO HELP

     5) Also I have red leather interior and the seat are cracking and =
     loosing color, is there a restorer I can use??

     "I do not know the lady that is behind Surflex the company that makes
     the
     leather colorant, but I have made contact with a company that reps her
     products and other leather/vinyl care products.  The company is Car
     Care Specialties P.O. Box 535 Saddle Brook NJ, 07663-0535 201.796.8300
     201.791.9743 fax, Larry Reynolds is the owner.  I sent in a piece of
     leather from the underside of my '88 M5 rear seat to Larry for color
     matching back to original.  That was this past saturday, so I have not
     yet received anything.  The price was something like $60-$70 for 6 oz.
     enough to do several cars.
     Larry explained that this product works great on restoring the color
     faded leather and for renewing the surface finish on leather with
     "patina cracks".  Patina Cracks are where the leather surface has not
     completely failed to the extent that leather fibers are in evidence.
     When the fibers are in evidence, Larry referred to these cracks as
     "stress cracks".

     I found this company on the net by searching "leather care".  I have
     not had any experience with the leather colorant product.  I will try
     it on an inconspicuious area first of course.  Larry does appear at
     the Porsche swapmeet in PA in the spring of each year and sells all of
     the best car care chemicals."

     6) Where can I find a rear spoiler for this car??

     JUNK LOTS

     7) Does anybody have an old turbo kit lying around for this
     vehicle????

     ????????

     All answer or hints will be greatly appreciated.

     Thanks in advance.

     Nick Pinto