[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Jim's Chip does it again...

I just ran Nira's Summer Challenge #2 drag races yesterday at Sacramento
Raceway...

I had my 318ti automatic with a Jim Conforti Chip. It ran much better
compared to two other 318ti's with Dinan Chips.  The day went really
slow with many imports blowing engines causing cleanup delays on the
strip. I only ran the car twice, because the day went so slow I was
tired after my elimination round which I won, for closest dial-in, that
I left early. The best time I got was 17.3, with a .592 reaction time,
which I was dissapointed. My worst time, a 17.7 was accompanied by a
.029 reaction time! This time was messed up due to overconfidence in my
take-off, looking at the 14-sec.turbo Mitso. Eclipse in my left mirror,
and forgetting I was in manual shift mode on my car...I late shifted
from first to second, and again in second to third experiencing fuel
cuttoff twice. I am confident I can win my bracket 16.5 to 18.99 because
with perfect manual shifting and perfect reaction I can do it.
	So the 5speed Ti with Dinan chip that got 16.85 says, oh that ti
that did 17.3 is stock. Nope, its an automatic with a a JC chip. His
reaction was better than mine, and his shifts down the strip sounded
smooth and quick...I could have matched his time with a good reaction...
How many automatic's can do that??? The other ti, a friend of mine, did
17.45, same setup as mine, with a dinan chip...
	The moral of this story, you want the winning edge, Call for
Jim. Milliseconds count on each competition, so get the advantage.
	BTW, does anyone know the dangers of experiencing fuel cutoff on
overrev during late shifts?

Ruell Medina
ruey220@domain.elided