[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

valve adjust E30

I adjusted the valve clearences on my 87 325is and used my Mighty Vac (got
to be good for something) to check the vacuum. for a vacuum source I used
the source for the fuel pressure regulator. Is that an acceptable? The
reading was mostly steady at 15.5 in/hg slightly fluctuating to about 16.5.
The Bently indicates the fluctuation is most likely a slight air leak-this I
can find. book also states vac. range is good between 15-22 in/hg. Question
is what would cause an engine to be in the low end vs. the high end? My mis
adjusting the valves slightly?
absentmindedly did not check Vacuum before adjustment cause I wanted to
adjust them cold.
Also, has anyone noticed any difference in the Bosch copper vs. platinum
plugs. I had copper for a while and when replaced I tried NGK and then
platinum. IMO the platinum seem to wear the least and stay cleanest. NGK
wore out quickest.