[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> NOISE & SERVO: Please Help !

        I have a 523ia and I've some problems with it.

        First, I have an terribly annoying noise at the front wheels when
I'm driving over small and frequent holes (on hard roads), at the each wheel
independently. The noise is like shacking some small rocks into a metallic
tin and is only audible when the particular wheel has a vibrating movement
on the vertical axis.
        I've tried some things - without result. First, I've removed the
wheels, one at a time and I've controlled the brake system, and the others
arms connected to the wheel. There are no visible signs of loosen screws and
I could't find the source of the noise. Next, presuming that there might be
some small rocks into, I filled with industrial expanding foam the arms and
the tube that is in front of the engine bay - waste of time.
        Has anyone any idea of what could it be? Is this a sign of a
technical problem or could it be only some nasty rocks somewhere?
        The problem have'n developed; the noise is the same since it
occurred only that sometimes when I pressure wash my car it is not audible
for a short while.

        Please, this is terribly annoying - if you happen to know /
experienced similar problems please let me know as soon as possible.

        Beside, my assisted steering wheel has a strange behaviors.
Sometimes it  becomes extremely rigid in the second half of the range,
either sides as it wouldn't be servo. After a few days it "softens" like
nothing happens.

        Best Regards,
        Anon.