[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ZF 4hp22 and 24 : There is no excuse for failure

I thought we lived in the age of modern design.........
It is a mystery how significant design defects in the ZF 4hp22 and 24
are not fixed before production and then persist formany years in
production. It is just baffling .
                   Major drivetrain components like transmissions shoud be
rigorously tested until there is NO reasonable possibility that there can be
any failure modes when used in a passenger vehicle for a minmum
10years/150000miles.(my  conservative estimate)
The thing

                     On a different note, internet digests such as this one will
probably speed up the reponsiveness of manufacturers. Hopefully, they
will realize that glaring defects are being publicized in global forums on
the internet. No longer can they count on the lack of communication
between their customers to hide from defects.
                       Frankly, I would be surprised if BMW  AG didn't monitor
this digest.

Sincerely,
henri baccouche