[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Alram problem, what do you do?

Hi, I have posted before asking if there are many people having problem with th
eir alarm (the 1996 model). At that time, I didn't have a problem yet but I was very concern that it might happen since I will have to leave my car for a month and the battery might run out.

So, today it really did happen!! I parked a car in a mall parking space. Then when I came back and disarmed it, there were 4 chirps and the light bring 3 times in a row for a while. That was the first time this happen so I am not sure ifit is the alarm that is defected or because the parking space is crowded with people (I don't think so, since the light indicated that the windows alarm was
activated)

I'll wait for a couple of days and see if it goes off again. The problem is that I'm leaving in 3-4 days and will not be back for a month. What should I do? Should I go to the dealer right away? Again, at this point I am still not sure if the alarm is really defected or not but I do not have much time to wait for it to go off by itself again. (I had an alarm for 10 days, and this is the first
 time)

Sorry for a long message, any help will be greatly appreciated.