[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

arrogant young drivers

From: bbechtol@domain.elided (Bill Bechtold)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 07:44:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Young BMW drivers

>Hey Billy boy,
>        Sorry if us "young unappreciative don't know how to drive a =
BMW"
>drivers piss you off.  That's tough luck. Get used to it.  And don't =
get mad
>when I pass you in the left lane.
>        20 years old and lovin' the road.
>        91 M3 Cinnabar Red
>        96 M3 Black (By the way. Both are mine 100%, not Daddy's.)

Sathy,

        If you don't mind me asking, how did you afford these two cars
yourself by the age of 20?  That is $60k worth of automobiles, and when =
was your age I was more interested in school....  Did you win the =
lottery?
Have a wealthy relative?  Or are you just the next Bill Gates?  More =
power
to you if you actually paid for these cars with your own money earned =
from
your hard work.  But, if you are just a spoiled child, what will you do
when you have to do thing on your own?  Those are two awesome cars, and =
wonder if you can truly appreciate them.  What did you learn to drive =
in?
Did you start of like most of us with a "junker", and dream of someday
owning a piece of German machinery, or did you grow up with a sports =
car,
so you don't know any better?

        From the sound of your post, you sound spoiled to me.  BTW, I am
only 22 years old.  I learned to drive in a '81 Mercury Lynx that I =
worked
on countless times myself.  It eventually died, and I got a Jetta GLI, =
my
first "real" car.  I went on to restore two classic cars myself, and =
then
to eventually afford my M3.  I struggle even today to make my car =
payments
while working at one of the most successfull companies in the Silicon
Valley.  I FULLY appreciate my car.  I wash it weekly (if not more)!  I =
am
one of the most anal car owners in the world, ask anyone else on the =
digest
who knows me.  In my opinion, 20 years old is too young to appreciate =
the
two cars you have.  Many people think that I am too young to appreciate
mine....  Maybe you are just a rare exception, but I doubt it....

- - -Bill Bechtold
 bbechtol@domain.elided
 (408) 526-8368

Hey:

I agree!!! This kid sounds like a poor little rich boy.  What do you =
mean it's tough if he blows by us in the left lane.   If he can drive =
responsibly ( which judging by his condesending nature, he has probably =
never taken the time to properly learn) then let him pass me in the left =
lane.  If he isn't responsible then some one is going to get hurt, and =
lets just hope it is him.

Also, life needs to be appreciated and the value of everything in it.  =
Remeber easy come, easy go.

- - Nick