[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Young BMW drivers

>Hey Billy boy,
>        Sorry if us "young unappreciative don't know how to drive a BMW"
>drivers piss you off.  That's tough luck. Get used to it.  And don't get mad
>when I pass you in the left lane.
>        20 years old and lovin' the road.
>        91 M3 Cinnabar Red
>        96 M3 Black (By the way. Both are mine 100%, not Daddy's.)

Sathy,

        If you don't mind me asking, how did you afford these two cars
yourself by the age of 20?  That is $60k worth of automobiles, and when I
was your age I was more interested in school....  Did you win the lottery?
Have a wealthy relative?  Or are you just the next Bill Gates?  More power
to you if you actually paid for these cars with your own money earned from
your hard work.  But, if you are just a spoiled child, what will you do
when you have to do thing on your own?  Those are two awesome cars, and I
wonder if you can truly appreciate them.  What did you learn to drive in?
Did you start of like most of us with a "junker", and dream of someday
owning a piece of German machinery, or did you grow up with a sports car,
so you don't know any better?

        From the sound of your post, you sound spoiled to me.  BTW, I am
only 22 years old.  I learned to drive in a '81 Mercury Lynx that I worked
on countless times myself.  It eventually died, and I got a Jetta GLI, my
first "real" car.  I went on to restore two classic cars myself, and then
to eventually afford my M3.  I struggle even today to make my car payments
while working at one of the most successfull companies in the Silicon
Valley.  I FULLY appreciate my car.  I wash it weekly (if not more)!  I am
one of the most anal car owners in the world, ask anyone else on the digest
who knows me.  In my opinion, 20 years old is too young to appreciate the
two cars you have.  Many people think that I am too young to appreciate
mine....  Maybe you are just a rare exception, but I doubt it....

- -Bill Bechtold
 bbechtol@domain.elided
 (408) 526-8368