[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Confusion of BMW vs. Nissan.

From: Joshua Brentano <skywalkr@domain.elided>

|I seem to have posted the message about BMW vs. Nissan rather poorly.  I
|have the BMW, Zak Nilsson has the Nissan.  I KNOW BMW's can out handle and
|out perform Nissans, I mean after all, they're Japanese.  Sorry for the
|confusion.

I wouldn't put my money on this statement.  Which BMW are you comparing to
which Nissan? Let's not hope you're trying to compare your BMW to a lowly
Nissan Stanza or Sentra.

You feel so confident that your car can beat a Nissan Skyline GT-R, a
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Mazda RX-7 R1 Twin Turbo, and Acura/Honda NSX,
because afterall, "they're Japanese".

I even know of a stock Subuaru that can smoke any stock mass producted BMW
made to date.  You probably don't think this lowly Japanese Subuaru can
outperform your expensive German auto, afterall, "they're Japanese".  Just in
case you're wondering, it's a Subuaru Impreza WRX (low 4's 0-60MPH).  Granted,
the BMW is more luxurious :).

Talk about snob attitude! What's with some of the people on this list anyways?
Some of you have obsession with the following:

	1. People younger than you driving a BMW (upset because this younger
	   fellow has a BMW? This is the same as others thinking you're a snob
	   because you drive a BMW! Could you be thinking: How can this younger
	   fellow afford a BMW? Could he have more money than me?).
        2. Assume these younger drivers obtained their BMWs from
	   their parents (which may or may not be true, but what's it to
	   us?)
	3. Have problems with other makes (esp from other countries) of car
	   possibly outperforming your ultimate driving machine.
	4. Race of the drivers in BMW (esp. asians/indians/etc)

I'm sure most people on this list are not like this as most BMW owners
are on a higher social and income scale.  Just a few bigoted BMW drivers
can ruin it for the rest of us.

|Joshua

Gary