[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<tires> A509s (was mail order tires)

We have A509s in the 196/60-14 size on our '69 1600ti.  I recently had the
opportunity to test them in the wet at SIR.  I would not classify them as a
good wet traction tire, and would even say that they are down right scary!
My previous tire was the Pirelli P4000 SuperTouring, a V-rated all season.
It had great wet handling ability, but lasted a mere 22K miles (out of
claimed mileage rating of 40K).  I went with A509s because of their 1)low
cost, and 2)reputation for dry handling.  Besides the abysmal wet handling,
I am disappointed in the lack of sidewall stiffness.

happy motoring,
                Mike
Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"