[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Three related? problems

1985 535i BMW,

Recently purchased with 57k mile.

Problem 1:

OBC computer reads 0 mph, about 250 range, ----- mpg (four dashes), I can set the
clock, timer, max speed (but no buzzer or bell when excuded)

Problem 2:

Cruise is not functional .  (related to above no mph reading?)

Problem 3:

Service Indicator:  No lights at all.  When the key is in position 1
no green, yellow or red LEDs are lit.  I am assuming it is not the
Nicads, since from what I have read in the FAQs ALL the LEDs would
be on no off.  Disconnected?

Is there any chance that Problem 3 could cause problems 1 and 2?

Thanks for any help.

    *  Thomas D. Gasser                                                 *
    *  Department of Neurosurgery                *******     *******    *
    *  University of Minnesota                    ***  *** ***  ***     *
    *  (612) 624-4427                             ***   *****   ***     *
    *  E-Mail:  THOMASG@domain.elided        *****         *****    *