[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: real BMW or not?

well, I sat on the fence as long as I could...Yes all these cars are real
BMW's, just that some wouldn't satisfy the appetites of many of our
fellow digesters...

One thing Bill Bechtold said about rich Hillsborough parents buying 318's
 because it doesn't have enough power to get into trouble obviously
hasn't driven one past the corner...I am not suggesting it will win many
races, but it has no problem getting me up to speeds that aren't legal
anywhere but Montana!  Even in 5th gear at 65mph, the car will accelerate
to 100mph (or to it's electronic limit of 116mph, if you desire) w/o any
hesitation, and you can always downshift...

My conclusion is that the 318 is a lot more fun/car than most of you give
it credit for...fortunately for me, that has kept the price in a more
affordable range for me...at $22,500 ($28,000 sticker)brand new w/
limited slip/fogs/cruise/split rear, I feel I got a great car...

of course I did replace the rims, and it currently has 225-55/15
tires...instead of those damn 185's it came with.

sorry for the bandwidth
- --
john--venting
'87  325 136k (Dinan Chip, Racing Dynamics springs/Billstein shocks)
'94  318i 17k  (is rims on the way?)
http://www.hooked.net/users/johnt/bmw.html