[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE-Scanners (Bearcat)

Mail*Link¨ Remote             RE-Scanners (Bearcat)
I also have used the uniden bearcat scanner with some success.  I have only been
stopped once while using it, while in the middle of a caravan of >5 vehicles and
I thought the warning was an error.  The state police (south carolina) blocked
the highway (I-95 I think, but it was about 3 am) and made the entire group pull
over while they wrote out tickets for everyone.

I have stopped using it on my nearly weekly commute from Phili to the Catskills
due to excessive warnings, the occasional drive-by with no warning at all, and
the fact that traffic is usually moving along at 75-85 mph anyway.  However I
did use it on a trip to New Mexico and back a couple of years ago and it worked
much better in states oustide the NE corridor.  I still have it in my trailer
tow vehicle and use it more for weather and traffic warnings now that speed trap
avoidence.

When I originally purchased the bearcat I was making weekly commutes from Phili
to just outside Winchester, VA and after a couple of tickets I decided to fight
back.  I continued that weekly commute for over 7 months after purchasing the
unit without another incident.

YMMV,
TJC