[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<buying 318is>

Thanks for all the replies to my buying wohs.  I've decided to walk away
from this deal and call it a learning experience.  I will call 'Pat' and
ask for the money (and give him an ear full).

On the brighter side, I'm in the final stages of nailing a deal down with
a different 1992 318is with only 50,000miles.

It is red with black interior.  Has original wheel plus BMW chrome 5 star
rims, new tires, new 'head' or 'profile' gasket (owner just had it
changed), no bubbling, no gap, no accidents.  The only re-paint on the
car is the hood which was repainted by BMW because of stone chips.  The
owner says it's a perfect match.  The car is being checked out at a
dealership as I type (or is it 'as we speak').

The owner was asking 14,900 for it, he said he'd settle on $14,000.

So, if every checks out, I'll be flying out tonight and picking it up
tomorrow morning and spending Friday driving it back (9 hours) instead of
working (oh, that sucks :)

Anyway, so fellas, expect new owner questions from a long time BMW owner/fan!

Regards,
David
1988 325is (for sale maybe...excellent shape, 94,000miles  email for details)
1992 318is slower but newer stly, they're all BMWs!!

  David Moore                       The Wise are Instructed by Reason,
  Computer Dynamics                 The Ordinary by Experience,
  email dmoore@domain.elided    The Stupid by Necessity,
                                    and the Brute by Instinct.
                                    -- author unknown --