[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> reply SI reset and A/C

>Every morning and evening when I start my 96' 328i (going/leaving work),
>the fan automatically goes to the middle setting.  I have always set it
>to the lowest.  The unit seems to lose its memory after a long time.
>
>I brought this up to the dealer but their answer was "they all do that".
>Can anyone confirm that?  BTW: It is the digital climate control unit.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Fred

Mine tends to do the same thing, also I have seen a couple of other posts to
this effect also.

>Hi,
>
>Is there any service indicator reset tool available for the 96' 328i?
>I have followed the FAQ to reset the SI on my 88' 528e (jumping pin 7 and
>19).  Does this work on the 96' models?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Fred

 The Peake Research reset tool works on the 96 328I, I have one and it works
well.
Tell them you saw ad in the Roundel and there is an extra discount.  Don't
know about the Pin 17-9 reset, tried that on an older 93 325I and it did not
work on that, never tried it on the 328.

Marty McBride
96 328I w/sports susp.
Marty McBride
96 328I Black on Black