[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Real BMW or Not?

Jerry Posted:

>Brent, you commented about your 318:

 > Last week I bought a '92 318iC with 33K. This is my first BMW and
 > I love the car. I can see why people buy them and are willing to
 > pay more for them. But after reading several post here, I am
 > frustrated that many BMW owners feel like I don't have a "real"
 > BMW.

>Hang in there, Brent.  Don't let the snobs get you down, 'cause there sure are
>a lot of great people on this digest.

Last weekend on the way home from LA (I'm in San Fran) we drove by a
younger person (I don't want to call him a kid) in a 318.  I mentioned to
my girl friend that here's a person that realy wanted a BMW.  He could have
saved a few bucks and got a Honda or some such, but he went the extra
effort and got a Bimmer.  He probably spent a larger amount of his income
on that car then most folks that buy Bimmers.

I'm sure this will offend a few folks here, but many people that buy
Bimmers do so purely for fashion, and to impress others.  When I see a
younger person in a 318 I know, here is a person that knows these cars are
well built and made for driving, and they care about these things.
Fashion, while important, comes second for these people.

When the 2002 was built it was the 318 of it's day.  Who now would say it's
not a real Bimmer?

Just as a note, if you look at the autocross times in the latest Bomb, the
318's kicked some serious butt over many of the "Real" Bimmers.

Have faith Brent a 318 is a real Bimmer.  8.)

- -Rob-

79' 733i
and a gagle of Saabs dateing back to 1959!