[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

eta oil pressure sender

Yesterday, as I was driving I noticed that the oil pressure light
suddenly came on, I was really concerned, turned the car off immediately
and opened the hood to investigate. Remembered having read a post on the
list about the sender failing on eta cars. Sure enough, the sender had
oil leaking from it. Convinced that this was the problem, drove to the
parts store, picked up a new one $4.95, (cheapest sensor I have seen)
went home and replaced it, problem solved. total time to replace sender-2
minutes.
Driving with the oil pressure light on even when I knew there
was no problem with the oil pressure was not the best experience.
The purpose of this post is to reinforce the usefulness of this list and
all the knowledgable people on it, especially Richard Welty the founder,
thanks.
A few years ago before I became a shade tree mechanic, seeing the oil
pressure light come on would have resulted in me pulling over, calling a
tow truck and getting the car towed to a shop resulting in a
significantly higher cost than the $4.95 I spent.

Monty Sidhu
86 325es
89 M3