[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: BMW pickup

>It looks to me like a 2002 with a pickup back end.  I'm not sure
>someone as BMW-centric as him would be so shameless to put a BMW nose
>on a Datsun.  That's worse than a phony ///M badged car!
>
>Mike

I beg your pardon.  I happen to own a very nice '84 Toyota P/U which has
sported both an E30 grill and an M badge since new.  It also says "324t" on
the back and has license "TOY BMW".  It spends most of it's life hauling
BMW motorcycles from far away parts of the US back to my garage or dragging
700S Cabriolets from California to the east coast.  I believe it's earned
its stripes.  In twelve years of operation it's had one battery, one
exhaust, 4 tires, one thermostat....that's it.  It's the 2002 of pickups.
No blown motors from missed shifts, no loss of performance from
reprogrammed DMEs, no problem with high-sulfur-content fuels, and no broken
shock mounts.  If BMW ever made a pickup, it probably wouldn't be this
good.

- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021