[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:Why BMWs are so special

Personally, the attempts to justify "HOW MUCH IT COSTS" by pointing out goofy
stuff like smart-key warnings when you are exiting the vehicle are some of the
hokey extras that encumbered beauties like the 6er and made them fat, slow and
expensive, thus becoming 850s!!  BMWs are so special for three reasons:
Performance
Handling
Comfort/Ergonomics
I have a 22 year old 2002, and except for the total absence of padding in my
original seats, all of the above still ring true.  I paid 1200 bucks. No extras,
no A/C, no electronic-200-different-position multi-driver memory system for how
close the cigarette lighter should be.  Just perfect throw lenghths, perfect
steering, amazing cornering for comparatively prehistoric suspension parts,
perfect weight distribution, and faster than I ever realized a 2.0 liter, stock,
unrebuilt, smoky, leaky 156,000 mile engine could possibly be.