[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: installing DINAN springs in E36

>With the car jacked up  and the shocks off or unbolted from the shock
>tower. Have someone heavy stand on the brake rotor hub. They may
>need to lightly bouce a little to push the suspension arm down.

You have to be careful with this.  I don't have experience with
E36, but on the E30 you can damage your CV joints unless you
unbolt the axles from the diff first.  You end up bending the CV
joint beyond its intended range of motion and a few miles down
the road you will be replacing it.  Ask me how I know.  Twice
before I figured it out.

It's easy to disconnect the axle, just 6 bolts that hold the
inner joint to the output flange of the diff.  5 minutes of extra
insurance.

rick