[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Why are BMW's so special

I have to agree with your friend.  When it comes to the interior of the 320
(a friend of mine has one) there is very little difference between it and
any Japanese or North American small car.  But if your friend sat in my 1985
735i, they would say something like this:

Whow this is realy nice.  Soooooo much leg room!  Look at all this wood
panelling!  No wonder these cars cost soooo much (I paid $7,000 for it).
Etc, etc.

Now I am not trying to minimize your car, but the fact is that the 3 series,
and especially the new one (I had a 1988 325iS which I think was a better
looking car) a bit chincy inside, not to mention that there is hardly any
leg room.  The car is still designed by the best design team in the world,
built to very high standards and feels great.  So you can tell your friend
that you bought this car for the "Ultimate driving experience" not the looks
of the dashboard.
My $.02

Dushan R. Divjak