[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CODE

I use this option all the time. My insurance company gives me a discount because
the car is so equipped. I also kind of use it as a DUI preventative. If I
have had more beverage than acceptable I probably can't punch in the correct
numbers. All hell breaks loose if I enter 3 wrong guesses. In my '88 325is
there is a fuse that can be pulled and then I have to wait 20 minutes for
the OBC to flush. I can then replace the fuse and off I go, but all the
OBC settings have to be reset. Basically the same scenario in my '92 325i
except there's another code sequence to enter after replacing the fuse.