[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reply to installing DINAN springs in E36

Page with 94 325i wrote:
I'm replacing my suspension. I've removed the sway bar, the shocks and
can't "pry" the springs out as Dinan suggested. How does one get the
springs out!!
****
With the car jacked up  and the shocks off or unbolted from the shock
tower. Have someone heavy stand on the brake rotor hub. They may
need to lightly bouce a little to push the suspension arm down.
There should be enough room after the spring has further room to
expand where another person can pull them out. I did this in the garage
so was able to balance myself on the rotor by supporting myself
using the garage wall. The Dinan springs should go in easier since
it is shorter. I did this on my 95 M3. Be carefull and good luck! Take
the
usual precautions with a jacked up car.

BTW, I question the quality of Dinan springs as I noticed some
flat spots or straight areas in the curves of the coil. Installers
in my area have also noticed this. I would go with H&R the
next time around.
Scott H.