[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tii questions <mech>

1. When installing a new fuel injection pump toothed drive belt,
   should the cogs of the Kugelfischer drive pulley be greased,
   or should the belt be installed dry? If it needs to be
   greased, what type is recommended?

2. What is the appropriate spark plug rating when running 9.5:1
   compression with a 285 (or so) cam in an E12 head? The factory
   spec for this CR is W175T30 (Bosch), but this is with the
   stock cam. (This seems like an old numbering system, or is it
   still used?) Previously I had 8.3:1 CR pistons, and ran Bosch
   W8DC or NGK BP5ES. For the last year I ran Bosch WR9DC with the
   low compression pistons and they worked fine, but I prefer
   the NGK.

Thanks in advance,

- -- Fred Beck /// '73 tii /// Boston, MA