[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1995 318i Creaking & Sqeeking issue?

Rich wrote:

>Help!  I'm looking for 3 series owners model years 1993-1996 models who are
>experiencing the same persistant defect as the one I'm going to describe:  My
>1995 318i since 3,805 miles has made a qreeking and squeeking sound while
>driving.  Etc...

I had the same problem on my previous E-36 320i.  I bought a product at
Canadian Tire called Door Ease, basically a stick type grease which is hard,
white in colour and not messy at all, and applied a coat to all the rubber
door seals and potential friction points, including the mouse fur type seal
along the top.  The creaking stopped completely.  It is a cheap solution:
this product only costs a few dollars.  Oddly, my new 328i doesn't have this
problem, but I have heard others complain of this on the new 328i.  Quality
control?

Regards,

Mike Gammon
1996 328i