[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> 320i parts for 2002

Hello Everyone,

I need some advice regarding the use of 320i parts on my '75 2002.  I have
just finished a morning of junkyard dogging and have found a four 320i's (
1979, '80, '83 models) that have some stuff that seem useful.  Here are the
things that I probably will pull and the questions I have about the parts.

1)  Of course, the seats.  A couple of the cars have good seat pads - I
know this is a no-brainer, but are the pads interchangeable for
passenger/driver sides?  One of the cars has some pretty seviceable
Recaros, but they're black and my my interior is tan.

2)  Rear brake drums from a '83 320i.  From what I understand, these will
bolt onto the '02 with little or no modification.  True or not true?  Is
there anything I need to know about this move?

3)  Three of the cars have the 5 1/2 x 13 alloy wheels, but there are some
minor differences in numbers.  One set reads 5 1/2 x 13 H2 while another
reads 5 1/2 x 13 H2B.  Any difference between the wheels?  They look the
same.  Are these applicable to the 2002 in terms of offset?  What would be
a decent price for these?  The 1983 320i has a full set (5) of
cross-pattern white wheels.  Are these worth looking into?  They could be
painted black to use on my car.  Are they unique? Do they interest anybody
out there?

4)  Steering wheels.  Will any of the steering wheels adapt to the 2002?
My wheel is cracked at each spoke, so I'm not giving up a lot by putting a
different steering wheel on.

Are there any other 320 parts that might work out?  Shocks and struts?
Springs?  Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean Davis
1975 2002