[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re:<E36> AutoX tire pressure

I Have been autoxing my '94 325is for  3 seasons. I fling that for my
r1's 36 Front 38 rear (cold) make it a good balanced car with no plowing
. The over steer is just enough to flick the tail around in a tight
corner. With this car I have found that any variance to less pressure
really lets it  understeer.

 Since the  R1s sidewalls are so stiff this tire does not need the  40lbs
pressure to keep  the sidewalls from deforming under cornering. With s
reguar street tire  your idea of 38 F  & 40 R sounds good. With street
tires you can chalk the sides near the tread edge and see if there is
rollover.  Give it a try and let everyone know.

 Before my beloved BMW I had a VW corrado vr6. This car had alot of
torque and it really plowed --ugh!.  I just hate understeer and would
rather have the tail flick than the frount plough.

 I also use this pressure on the street with my Dunlop 8000s. Keep in
mind that I like a firm ride and a stiff sidewal. With the above pressure
I am getting  very even wear and good handling.

Holly McReynolds
BMW 325is
SCCA WNY region- BMW CCA Genesee
"I will walk where my own nature will be leading; it vexes me to choose
another guide"- E. Bronte.