[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Question about Locks

	I am a new owner of a '92 525i. When I first got the car about a month
ago, I was totally baffled by it's locking system (Yes, I read the manual, but
as with just about every manual I have ever read, it is less than crystal clear;
also it says nothing about central locking via the trunk lock). I found that
when I put the key in the trunk and turned the key clockwise, it acted as a
central locking system and all the doors locked.

	A few weeks later, when I tried to show my wife how you could lock the
car from the trunk, it wouldn't work.

	Can anyone enlighten me? Is there indeed some feature which allows you to
lock your car via the trunk lock? How can I get this back? Have I inadvertently
disabled it? Is there some way to enable it again?

	TIA
	BobG

1992 White 525i