[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'89 325ix brake lining warning light

     On my '89 325ix, which I recently purchased, I had to take it to a
mechanic to get it certified for  Maryland state inspection and registration.
 I had checked the car out pretty thoroughly myself, but  the mechanic, who
is not a BMW mechanic but someone I trust,  found that the brake rotors were
below specs.  He replaced rotors and pads.  About a week later the brake
lining warning light on the dash comes on.  What gives?  Is there something
the mechanic should have done to the warning light system after changing the
rotors and pads to prevent it from going on?  As a new BMW owner I find the
whole warning light system, on dash and on ceiling, bewildering and
unnecessarily complicated even with a thorough reading of the owner's manual.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Pexton
'89 325ix white
Bowie, Md.