[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Using CODE

To All,

	I read a recent post concerning the use of the CODE feature of the OBC to
disable the fuel pump when changing the oil.  This would allow the engine oil
system to be repressurized using the starter motor, but not allow the motor to
start with little or no oil in the filter/galleys.  That is an ELEGANT solution,
compared to grounding coil or other wiring intensive methods.

 I have considered using this feature full time as a theft deterrant, but I do
have some concerns about how bullet proof the electronics are( how secure is
this method and how easy is it for a thief to circumvent).  Also if I were to
forget the code or if the electronics were reset, battery dies, how can you
regain access to the car?

TIA

Regards,

Joe Fahy