[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30 M3 / 2002> Autocross Tire Pressures

     Some posts have recently asked about tire pressures for autocross.

     On my stock suspended / wheeled, R1 clad E30 M3, I run 28 front and 30
     rear.  I use to run 38 front and 40 rear, but after discussing tire
     pressure with Jim Wiles (Russ' pop) last year at O'fest I changed.  I
     haven't looked back and I think my times got better instantly.  The
     car is much more neutral and I can now steer with my foot a lot easier
     than before.

     On my 2002 with ST springs / bars, Bilstein HD's, urethane / Delrin /
     metal bushings, stess bar, 205/55-13 RE71R (remember those?) tires I'm
     running 30 front and 32 rear.  This set up is wonderful for autocross.
     However, I can't steer with my foot since the car has no power.  I
     have managed to hang with the E30 M3's in our local events.  See my

     matt brumwell
     smoky mountain chapter 'cca
     '75 2002   '87 535is       '88 M3