[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Change in suspension

To bmw-digest@domain.elided

I have a '92 318is (E36) with the sports package, and
Bilstein shocks.  I just bought this car from a dealer about
a month ago, and I'm not sure if the whole suspension was
redone or not.  It does have a Dinan chip and exhaust, so
maybe the suspension was done by Dinan too.  Does anyone
know if Dinan uses Bilstein shocks for a suspension upgrade?
 And what else is done on a suspension upgrade besides
changing the shocks?

Another question, I have 15" wheels with 225/55-15 tires on
it.  I was wondering if I would need to have any suspension
rework to put on 17" wheels with 225/45-17 tires?  Or could
I just take off the old ones and put on the new ones?  And
if I do need work done, does anyone know of a wheel/tire
store in the Bay Area that will do an install of wheels?
TIA!

Raj Wallace
'92 318is, Dinan chip and exhaust, and maybe suspension too