[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E30 Suspension Noise

Steve B. asked about a rattle/thump noise from the front underbody.

    It may be, as it is on mine, excessively worn sway bar bushings letting
the bar rattle in response to the wheels hitting bumps, especially if you
have the harder aftermarket polyurethane type.  Mine sounds like the front
end is about to fall off, tho' all the joints, etc are tight.

    Which reminds me, does anyone sell Suspension Techniques sway bar
bushings separately, without the whole bar kit?  I've been so baby-busy
lately that I haven't made myself take the time to research the List- or
Roundel advertisers to find out who and for what $.  If any of you know
offhand, please reply privately, as I'm six or several days behind in my
Digestion.

    TIA, and good luck Steve.

Happy Bimmerin'
Gary  --  gtoyama@domain.elided