[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FYI on brakeline sensor flickering on/off

Just a quickie..my E24 brakeline sensor light would flash on and off, even
tho the pads were fine, and the sensors were fine..seems others have also
had this problem. Upon inspection, it seems to me that the rear sensor is a
real tight fit, and induced a break in the wires, right at the point of
where the wires go into the male/female connector on the CAR side of the
sensor connector (i.e. on the non replaceable section :) ) fix was just
splicing a connector in there..fixed the problem. This may turn out to be a
typical place for a break in the wire. Sorry if this sounds cryptic..it has
been a long day.

Blair

BTW, replacing the front pads/rotors on my E24 fixed the shimmy (non Demi
Moore shimmy) on this baby- yahoo.

Blair E. Robertson
University of South Alabama
Department of Biomedical Sciences