[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Paint ???

I have read so many postings about bird crap leaving marks on the car that
I am worried .
Which are more vulnerable ?
Metallic or non-metallic paints ?

I have a 10 year old japanese car which has been used as a target by birds for
as long as I have been owning it.
I leave the crap on for as long as a few weeks, then take the car to the local
car wash. (During all that time, the crap has dried and has been baked by the
california sun). After a bit of scrapping and cleaning, the car looks like new.

So what's the deal with BMW cars ? I am planning on gettting one.
Since user's experience rules,  Which kind of paint is the most resistant ?
Non-Metallic (white,red,black) or Metallic (arctic silver , montreal blue,
enema red etc..)
I would not mind a nonmetallic black BUT :
- - everybody has one of that color (it's like owning a white underwear).
- - In summer .... black color captures the heat of the sun .... I dont want
   to know what kind of damages the heat is doing to the electronics of the
    car ...

			Walt