[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E28, 24> RE:clutch or tranny?

Blair, I'm not familiar with the 6 series gearboxes or the
history and type of the gearbox your car has, but everything
that you describe sounds like a fully operational dog-leg
sports gearbox fitted to the E30 M3 (non US). When I first
bought my car I was concerned by the same noises and effects
that you describe. I was told by both my dealer and BMW M GmbH
that the noises were in fact normal for that type of box. Of
course this may not be the case for your box but it "sounds"
so similar!

If you've ever been near a supertouring car while it was
idling you'd think it was about to fall to bits judging by
the noises it's gearbox was making. I recall someone mentioning
the reasons for this a while back but I can't recall what
they were.

Paul
- --
Paul Marshall                                  Phone : +1 (214) 997 5954
Texas Instruments                              FAX   : +1 (214) 997 3428
EC II                                          email : scotsman@domain.elided
Dallas, Texas                                  msgid : KILT
USA